FlickMaven

One blogger's take on movies, television shows, books, and music -- the good, the bad, and the bottom line

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ah, I feel like I'm now well and truly on my way, thanks to friends in high places. Wlcome to all visitors; come again often!

One commenter mentioned an internal HD-DVD player, and I've seen the like at local electronics stores. I just don't have the time to deal with installation, obtaining the HD-tuner that must be necessary, and space is a concern in my family room. Besides, I got a MCE computer last April with the TV tuner [non-HD], and have had loads of problems getting it to work properly. Currently, it's completely non-functional, and I don't have the extra brain space [already QUITE limited] to figure out the problem.

Another commenter referred me to the Oppo DV-981HD Universal DVD Player with HDMI, 1080p Up-Converting, DivX & SACD. Unfortunately, I blew my wad with the JVC DVD/VHS combo unit, which supposedly upconverts to 1080i, and records in the bargain. Maybe it's better than the progressive scan DVD that is on the TIVO/Humax box, but I can't really tell. If this blog takes off, maybe I'll have an excuse to get a Blueray or HD-DVD player. I also expect to win the Powerball tomorrow night....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home